Recently, the Bay area is enjoying a big shower – it has been rainy for weeks now. Hence I am constantly looking for colors in food. One day I wanted to make breakfast taco but the tacos were sold out, so I turned to flatbreads. In fact, I like flatbread more than tacos – they are more moisturized and have a thicker texture.
So if you look at the pictures of this summer breakfast flatbread, I am sure you can figure out how to make it – just put all the ingredients on top of a grilled flatbread =).
Summer Breakfast Flatbread
Preparation time: 15 minutes
- 2 flatbreads (prefer the thinkers ones. You can buy them in the bread section).
- 2 eggs
- Some cilantro leaves
- 1.5 tea spoons of butter or butter alternatives (I use I can’t believe it is not butter)
- 1 radish
- 1/4 avocado
- Sea salt
- Black pepper powder
- Spread 1.5 tea spoon of butter on the flat pan with medium heat
- After the butter melts, crack two eggs to the pan, add a little bit salt and black pepper powder
- How long should the eggs stay in the pan depends on how much you want them to be cooked. For me, I like them to be medium so I usually put a lid on the pan, so the eggs will be cooked but won’t be dry on the bottom
- Take the cooked eggs out and spread 0.5 tea spoon of butter on a flat pan with medium heat
- Put the flatbreads on the pan, when one side turns golden flip to another side
- Put eggs on the flatbreads, add diced avocado, cilantro leaves and sliced radishes
You can control the ingredients according to your preferences, so if you are a big avocado eater, go for 1 avocado; You can also add some lemon or lime juice to add some acidity to this colorful plate.
If you tried this recipe, please let me see it =) Tag your photo with @_lingspiration_ on Instagram
Happy New Year everybody!