As a marketing professional who works in a past-paced environment, I LOVE breakfasts but always go for the quick routes. I usually just drink Silk soy milk, grab some granola, have some nuts or quickly put oatmeal to a microwave. This can be considered as a healthy, and powerful breakfast but day by day I get bored…but I don’t want to eat any cake or cookie for breakfast (because it can become an addiction). Recently, my hubby has invented his own french toast recipe randomly (he is a pretty easy-going breakfast eater as well) and I fell in love with this simple and easy recipe (although he still makes it).
Another tip to highlight your breakfast: you can spread the bread with some Nutella then eat with sliced bananas. I recently discovered that Nutella and Banana can be a very good couple!
Good Morning French Toast
Serving Size: 2 slices
Prep Time: 8 minutes
2 slices of buttermilk bread
1 tea spoon of butter alternative – I can’t believe it is butter
0.5 tea spoon of minced garlic
A little bit of each below:
- Beat egg in a bowl and quickly stir it
- Add all other ingredients besides butter to the egg mixture
- Dip bread in egg mixture, turning to coat both sides evenly
- Preheat a cooking pan and melt butter over medium-high flame
- Place the bread in a pan. Cook on both sides until golden. Serve hot
If you try this recipe, I would love to see it! Share a picture and @_lingspiration on Instagram =)